Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Welcome to my Blog!

I started this blog as a way to share my ideas and thoughts with other like-minded educators. I have always enjoyed used technology and recently, I’ve come into a wealth of new tools that can be used in a variety of different ways. Using technology to enhance education is very challenging and requires a good amount of creativity. Also, the increase in the amount of people, specifically children and teens, using technology has posed concern about how this can be accomplished.

I want this blog to be a resource for individuals to gain insight on teaching effectively with technology and promoting digital citizenship, specifically in blended learning and homeschooling formats. I choose these two formats because they are the ones I will be working with on a daily basis. Even so, any educator, parent, or individual may find this information to be useful and applicable to their own lives.

Although I have no experience in teaching in public schools, I’m a Bible study teacher at a small church where I work with children ages five to teens. Working at a small church has allowed me some flexibility in the curriculum, and I have slowly been integrating technology into my Bible study lessons. In the coming months, I will be working as a facilitator for a Christian virtual blended learning academy. The academy is set up as an independent blended learning model, with emphasis on Gardner’s multiple intelligences.

My goal with this site is to bring a fresh experience to the educational platform and encourage innovation and creativity.

No comments:
Write comments